To be able to keep your boat clean you need to be able to consider everything that could come in contact with you when out on the water. Prepare for everything from algae to jumping fish and everything in-between. Fortunately, it is possible to keep your boat clean with these cleaning tips and supplies.
- Start the clean with a hose to remove any loose dirt on both the inside and outside. A trick is to start at the highest point of whatever you are cleaning so that later the dirty water won’t wash over something that you have cleaned already.
- Use soap specifically made for cleaning boats. Other household soaps have pH balances that can damage the boat surfaces.
- Use a mitt or soft brush to clean small areas at a time and rinsing it immediately. Dried soap can be almost as bad as dirt on the surface of your boat. Never scrub too rough or hard, there is a chance you will scratch the surface.
- For a final rinse, remove any nozzle-type piece from the hose and let the water run down the sides of the boat to help prevent beading and water spots.
- When drying, use a highly-absorbent towel on all spots that you washed. Using a towel like this pays off in the long run with streak-fee finishes.
- Buff the surface and then follow the directions for your wax and sealant.
We hope that you take these tips into consideration the next time that you plan to clean your boat and notice the difference it makes.
Here at Fishaye Trading Company, we are on the boat a lot! We like to keep ours clean so we can keep catching fish and other sea creatures, in order to create more art. Take a look at our full product line www.fishayetradingcompany.com.