Spring and Summer is the perfect time to load up your boat and spend some quality time on the water. Massachusetts offers a diverse amount of fishing opportunities. Check out these spots that we love to visit!
- Gloucester – Nestled at the very top of the state on Cape Ann, fishing is a way of life here! Don’t forger to stop and enjoy the amazing views.
- Wachusett Reservoir – Are you a fan of freshwater fishing? Wachusett Reservoir is one of the best-known known spots to target Bass, Sunfish, Trout species, and even Atlantic Salmon.
- Castle Island, South Boston – This destination has convenient access to a fishing pier, Pleasure Bay, or as locals call it, “The Bowl.” When you’ve finish fishing for the day, Boston has plenty more charms for you to explore!
- Plymouth Harbor, Plymouth – There’s no denying the harbor’s rocky shores should be on this list. It has an abundance of Bluefish and Striped Bass of all sizes! If you venture out from shore, you can also find some sought after species, such as Bluefin Tuna.
- Norton Reservoir – No boat? No problem! The reservoir is perfect for angling as the watershed is super shallow. Wade through the water for some Perch, which are the most common catch here.
- Martha’s Vineyard – Only a short ferry ride from Cape Cod lies this fisherman’s dream spot. They even have “Martha’s Vineyard Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby,” which is great for beginners and seasoned fishermen alike.
- Hyannis – Both tourists and fishermen love this destination. This village lies in the heart of Cape Cod, and there are endless amounts of fish to be caught here. From Seabass to Swordfish, you’re guaranteed to find some fish here.
- Nantucket Island – Fishing is a year-round affair on the island. A slew of species including Scup, Bluefish, Stripers, Fluke, and Bonito come close to land, to live and feed in the warm waters.
- Scargo Lake – This lake is regularly stocked with some good catches. If you love trout, then don’t forget to stop here on your next trip!
- Orleans – A popular spot for deep sea fishing, Orleans has regular charters that depart from Rock Harbor in search of some big catches!
- Provincetown – Last, but certainly not least! This is arguably the best spot in the state. Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Cape Cod Bay on the other, there’s no doubt you’ll have endless opportunities here.
Don’t forget to check out our shop to commemorate your fishing adventures!